This page covers all you need to know about Probation On Result. I Saw Probation on My Result Remarks Column. What Does Probation Means?
If you are interested in knowing what probation on your semester’s result means this post is for you.
Probation On Result (All You Need To Know)
Probation simply means a student is asked to repeat the year such a student just finished.
The reason for such repeat could be because of one of the conditions below or both.
- A student of any year must have failed within (10 to 15) credit units in first and second semesters, or from first semester/second semester only after the completion of a particular academic session.
- A student’s GPA or CGPA is less than 1.5 after completing a session.
- It must be further noted that condition (i) overrides condition (ii).
- Meaning that, regardless of the GPA or CGPA, if a student fails within (10-15) credit units in any year, he/she will be asked to probate/or repeat the year.
- Moreso, Probating or Repeating the year, the student is expected to register and seat for only his/her previously failed or dropped courses.
- He is not expected to take any newly introduced courses of the year he/she is repeating or any new level course.
- A student may be asked to withdraw or change programme, if after probation that is if He/she fails to attain a GPA/CGPA of 1.5
Read Also: Withdraw On Result