How do I check my admission status on JAMB Portal 2021? How do I know if JAMB gave me admission? How do I check if I have been giving admission?
If you have been asking any of the above, then this post you are currently reading will benefit you.
It has come to our notice that many students are having issues on how to check their admission status using their registration number While some don’t know how to access the admission checker portal that’s why this post is necessary to address this imbalance.
On this page, I’m going to show you simple steps, guidelines on how to check your admission status on the JAMB CAPS Portal or your school website without stress.
There are cases of students missing their admission because they have no idea that they have been given admission.
This post is for candidates to be able to know the various means they can be notified of their admission status by their school of choice and also how you can be monitoring your admission status.
There are many ways or methods you can use to check your admission status as well as to know the status of your admission.
Sometimes you are given admission on the JAMB portal and not on school, In some cases school offered you admission while it doesn’t reflect on the JAMB portal and if you don’t have this knowledge it will be hard for you to know if you have been offered admission by your school of choice or not.
One of the easiest ways to monitor your admission status is through the use of JAMB Admission Mobile Apps.
You can download this app via the play store.
Table Of Contents
How Do I Know If I Have Been Given Admission
Below are the Ways To Know If You Have Been Given Admission by your school or JAMB.
a) SMS Notification:
Most schools will require that you provide your correct Phone number during Post-UTME or admission registration in the school.
Many of these schools will notify you once you have been offered admission to the school by sending a text message to the phone number you used when you applied for admission to the school.
This is why it is advisable that candidates provide their active phone numbers if required while applying for admission.
b) Email Notification:
Many schools equally do ask candidates to provide their email addresses while applying for admission.
Admission notifications are equally sent to candidates via this medium.
The unfortunate thing, however, is that many candidates hardly check their emails.
If you are an admission seeker, it is advisable that you check your email address regularly in case your school decides to send admission notifications via this method.
This is also one of the ways on how to Know If You Have Been Given Admission.
c) JAMB CAPS:
JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) makes it possible for prospective candidates seeking admission into various tertiary institutions to monitor their admission status and easily know when they have been offered admission by any institution.
d) School Portal:
Almost all the tertiary institutions in Nigeria now have their own websites.
Most of these schools do announce the release of the admission list and publish the names of admitted students on their websites.
know the official website of your school of choice and closely monitor it to know when such announcements concerning admission have been made.
Now that you know Ways To Know If You Have Been Given Admission by your school or JAMB, let’s look at the possible ways on how you can check if you have been offered Admission.
How Do I Check If I Have Been Given Admission?
Admission Checker Portal Guidelines below;
Log in with your JAMB EMAIL and PASSWORD.
After successfully logging in, scroll down, then locate and click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ tab or CAPS.
Select your Exam year.
Enter your JAMB Registration number in the required columns.
Finally, click on ‘Check Admission Status‘ to access your admission status.
Not Offered Admission Yet? Keep monitoring your status.
Note that the Admission List will be published in batches on the JAMB portal as they are processed.
How To Check School Admission Status
Log on to your School of Choice Official Website.
Locate Admission Checker Portal or Menu.
Follow the Screen Guidelines.
Using Your JAMB Registration Number.
Finally, Check if you have been offered ADMISSION or NOT.
Now that you know “How To Check School Admission Status” let’s consider few things after accepting the admission.
Still, finding it difficult? use the comment box below.
After Accepting Admission What Next?
After confirming that you have been given admission, the next step is to go ahead with the necessary clearance and registration.
- First, find out the amount that is requiring to be paid as an acceptance fee for the admission that has been offered to you.
- Note that if you do not pay the acceptance fee, it means that you have rejected the admission offered to you and in that case, you will lose the admission slot to someone else.
- The next information you need to find out is school fees for your course or faculty so that you can get the required fees ready as soon as possible.
- Note that it is advisable to pay your school fees immediately after paying your acceptance fee, to avoid being hindered from being matriculated (officially enrolled and added to the student database) on time.
- You also need to get all the required documents ready for your registration and clearance into your new faculty and school.
- This could include documents such as O’level results (such as WAEC result, NECO result, etc), JAMB admission letter, Birth Certificate, LGA identification certificate, JAMB result print-out, an attestation letter from a parent or guardian, etc.
- You can always get the complete list of required documents from your school’s admissions office or even from your faculty.
- Next, it is important that you read and properly acquaint yourself with academic and general rules and regulations to avoid falling into any trap that could lead to your expulsion or any other detrimental punishment.
- After you have completed all the necessary payments and registration, it is a good idea to get your faculty and departmental lecture timetables as soon as possible so that you can start attending lectures.
- Attending lectures will set you up for a smooth academic career.
- Finally, don’t hesitate to ask lecturers and administrative staff in your new school questions and seek advice from them.
- It is better to be seen as naive and ignorant than it is to make unnecessary mistakes and waste time doing things wrongly.
- Also, try to make friends with some of the best students in senior classes and higher levels, so that you can start getting the best tips for navigating and thriving in the school from them.
Now that you know How To Check School Admission Status, don’t hesitate to share with friends and keep visiting SchoolBeginner for the latest school news in Nigeria.
All the best as you know How To Check School Admission Status..
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- How To Check Direct Entry Admission Status
- How To Check Admission Status Without Email
- JAMB Result Checker Portal 2021 With Reg Number
- Why You Should Not Stop at Secondary School or Drop Out
Thanks for reading, please share.
If you have any questions, leave me a comment below and I will try my best to respond also do well to subscribe so as to be notified when I reply to your comment, thanks.