FUTA Vacancy For the Post Of Vice Chancellor
The Federal University of Technology, Akure has announced a vacancy for the post of VC. See below for qualifications, requirements, and how to apply.
Consequently, the Governing Council of the University has decided to commence in earnest the due process for the appointment of a Vice Chancellor in accordance with the provisions of the Universities of Technology Act as cited in Chapter F23 of the Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004; and the University Act.
Qualities and Qualifications
The applicant for the post of Vice Chancellor of the Federal University of Technology, Akure, must possess the following qualities and qualifications:
- Be a highly distinguished scholar of the rank of professor of not less than ten (10) years’ experience on that rank in an institution of high reputation, with ability to provide academic and administrative leadership to the University Community;
- Must possess a doctorate degree (Ph.D.) with a minimum of twenty (20) scholarly publications in reputable journals as at the time of appointment as a professor and evidence of scholarly publication in the last three years;
- Be on a high pedestal of moral authority, of impeccable character and unassailable integrity, free from financial embarrassment and enjoy excellent physical and mental health;
- Has specialized skills in a course that is relevant to the teaching and research mandate of the Federal University of Technology, Akure;
- Has administration and research experience for a sustainable realization of the mandate and mission of a specialized University of Technology;
- Be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethnic, political, religious or sectional interests;
- Possesses drive and ability to attract much needed funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the University;
- Has demonstrable ability to establish and maintain partnership with local and
International institutions, governmental and non-governmental agencies; and
- Be a person who would not be older than 65 years on May 24, 2022 when the post is scheduled to be occupied.
Condition of Service
The Vice Chancellor will, in line with the Federal Universities of Technology Act, hold office for a single term of five (5) years only.
How To Apply For FUTA Vacancy For the Post Of Vice Chancellor (VC)
- Each application should be accompanied by 35 copies of the applicant’s detailed “Curriculum Vitae” duly signed and dated by the applicant.
- The Curriculum Vitae must contain the candidate’s name in full, place and date of birth, marital status, number and ages of children, nationality, academic qualifications, degrees with classes (copies of certificates to be enclosed), teaching, research, administrative and managerial experience,
academic distinctions, membership of academic and professional bodies and scholarly publication.
- (Visit the University website (www.futa.edu.ng) for detailed format of the
FUTA curriculum vitae);
- Statement of the candidate’s own vision for The Federal University of Technology, Akure as a University of the 21st Century (35 copies);
- Candidate must nominate (3) referees who MUST forward references on him/her directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council; such references should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims to high academic and managerial capability as well as his/her moral standing; such references must be received and signed for in the Office of the Registrar on or before 16 hours, Monday, 10th January, 2022.
- For candidates who are ‘searched’, references must be received and signed for in the Office of the Registrar on or before 16 hours, Wednesday, 12th January, 2022
- All short-listed candidates shall be required to make themselves available for interaction at an appointed date;
- Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in envelopes marked at the Upper Left Hand Corner “Post of Vice Chancellor, FUTA”, to reach the Registrar and Secretary to Council, Federal University of Technology, P.M.B. 704, Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria, not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication, that is, 16 hours Monday, 10th January, 2022.
Was this Article Helpful? Do you have any Questions or Suggestions? If yes, Please use the Comment Box below.